Saturday, August 24, 2013

Wamp server is not working/Yellow!

I’be been working on php for 2 months now and developing on my laptop with WAMP installed before uploading to work’s dev server. Now working with SQL Server instead of MySQL, I’ve installed SQL SERVER 2008 CTP for test and suddently Apache went down as port 80 was used by Microsoft HTTPAPI/2.0.
I then found SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) was still running after uninstalling SQL Server 2008 as it features a web service even though IIS is not installed according to wiki.
I couldn’t find any info on google relating to this small issue that puzzled me for a short while. i hope this helps finding ppl stupid like me sometimes to solve their problem.

Solution: Just disabled the SQL Reporting Service and I can finally use port 80 again
process  step 1: Run->services.msc->SQL Reporting Service just disable it!
or
Switch off Skype from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment